Energy Star Appliance Program
Idaho Falls Power is offering a zero interest loan program to qualifying customers to purchase and install energy efficient electric appliances.
- The building where the appliance is installed must receive electricity from Idaho Falls Power.
- Equipment purchase from participating dealers must have a minimum 20% energy (kWh) savings over standard models, set by the Department of Energy (DOE) Appliance Standard Program or carry the Energy Star Certification.
Electric appliances eligible for financing:
- Energy Star washing machines (1.72 MEF minimum)
- Electric rechargeable lawn mowers, electric/rechargeable weed trimmers
- Water heaters/minimum .94 energy factor ( No Energy Star rating for electric water heaters)
- Electronic thermostats
- Air conditioners (Room)
- Heat pumps
- Compact florescent light bulbs and LED light bulbs
- (Min. $100)
The program will loan up 100% of the actual cost of eligible measures for qualifying customers, not to exceed $2,000 per appliance or a total of all loans combined of $5,000.
- Contact participating retailers or the Energy Services Department to determine if the particular appliance you wish to purchase is eligible for financing.
- Purchase appliance from participating dealer.
- Install appliance ( a permit is required for installation of water heaters). IFP or BPA personnel may perform a verification inspection up to one year after purchase.
- Sign Participation Agreement and Promissory Note (must be signed to receive financing).
- Loan payment will be made by the City to participating dealers. Rebates will be made to customers (unless otherwise specified).
- The loan amount will be added to your utility bill and will be payable in equal installments in addition to regular utility charges. The monthly loan amount will appear on a separate page on your utility bill; however payment can be submitted with your regular utility payment.