- Zoo Opens Saturday, April 13th.
- Earth Day (April 27th, 10AM – 3PM) – Fun conservation activities in the zoo and neighboring hockey shelter. For more information: Click Here
- International Migratory Bird Day (May 11th, 12PM – 3PM) – Birds migrate great distances every year. Learn more about why birds migrate and why it is so important. Join us for crafts and activities focused on birds. For more information about IMBD: Click Here
- Mother’s Day (May 12th) – Mothers admitted free with a paying child admission.
- Armed Forces Day (May 18th) – Free admission for members of active duty military (with ID) and their immediate family: spouse, child, parent, brother or sister.
- Grin and Bear It 4-K Fun Run (May 25th, 8AM) – This NEW event will take fun runners through scenic Tautphaus Park and end in the zoo. Runners will receive free admission to the Zoo and family members there to cheer-on runners will receive 1/2 price admission or the day. For more details: click here.
- Bear Aware Day (May 25th, 1PM – 4PM) – Free admission for children 12 and under when they bring their teddy bear to the zoo. Enjoy a fun filled day of bear activities, crafts and games!
- Family Night Mondays - Red Panda Night (May 27th) – Come to the Zoo between 5pm - 7pm wearing a solid red shirt and you will receive half price admission while enjoying family friendly, family focused fun! Last admission 7pm, grounds close 8pm.
- World Oceans Day (June 8th, 1PM – 4PM) – We may not live next to the ocean, but our everyday lives affect it. Come to the zoo and learn more about our oceans and the zoo's cute ocean dwellers, the African black-footed penguins as well as fun crafts and games!
- Father’s Day (June 16th) – Fathers admitted free with a paying child admission.
- Family Night Mondays - Zebra Night (June 24th) – Come to the Zoo between 5pm - 7pm wearing black and white and you will receive half price admission while enjoying family friendly, family focused fun! Last admission 7pm, grounds close 8pm.
- Frontier Day (July 13th, 1PM – 4PM) – Our western heritage is important to us all. Visit the zoo and explore the agricultural arts of the region with the local spinners and weavers demonstrating their skills using wool sheared from sheep. Create your own candles, leatherworking items and more!
- Serenade on the Serengeti (July 18th) – Fundraiser hosted by the Tautphaus Park Zoological Society. A family concert event. Gates open at 6:00pm with musical acts performing in small sets throughout the evening. TPZ Society memberships do not apply.
- Family Night Mondays - Flamingo Night (July 22nd) – Come to the Zoo between 5pm - 7pm wearing a pink shirt and you will receive half price admission while enjoying family friendly, family focused fun! Last admission 7pm, grounds close 8pm.
- Enrichment Day (August 4th) – See how our zoo keepers enrich the lives of our animals with a variety of activities designed to mentally and physically stimulate snakes, lions, penguins and more!
- Seniors Day (August 5th) – Free admission for seniors 62 and over. Have a box lunch, sit under a shady tree and enjoy up close animal encounters and old time music. Sponsored by Lincoln Court.
- Family Night Mondays - Tiger Night (August 26th) – Come to the Zoo between 5pm - 7pm wearing orange and black and you will receive half price admission while enjoying family friendly, family focused fun! Last admission 7pm, grounds close 8pm.
- Family Night Mondays - Bird Night (September 2nd) – Come to the Zoo between 5pm - 7pm wearing a shirt with any kind of feathered friend on it and you will receive half price admission while enjoying family friendly, family focused fun! Last admission 7pm, grounds close 8pm.
- The Stroller Set (September 2nd-6th) – Free admission to the Zoo for an adult accompanied by a baby (3 and under) in a stroller. (previously Babes in the Zoo)
- Zoo Brews (September 13th, 5PM-9PM) – A fundraiser hosted by the Tautphaus Park Zoological Society. Enjoy a summer evening at the Zoo, tasting amazing beers, listening to fine music and watching the animals. Must be 21 or over to attend/enter the Zoo. Tickets are $25 per person and will be available starting early August in the Zoo's Gift Shop, Zoo Administrative Office, MarCellars, the Snow Eagle Brewery and at www.northamericanbrewers.org. TPZ Society memberships do not apply. Click here for more details.
- Fall Appreciation Free Day (September 28th) – Free admission for all of our zoo guests.
- Last day of regular zoo operation for 2013: Sunday, October 6th.
- Boo at the Zoo (October 28, 29, & 30) – 1,000 pumpkins, 500,000 lights, light sculptures, tricks, treats, spiders and snakes, games and prizes make for a safe and enjoyable Halloween at the Zoo. This "merry not scary" event includes a number of trick-or-treat stations for all ages and a costume contest. TPZ Society memberships do not apply. For more details: click here. If you would like to become a vendor at the event, click here for more details.
- Night Lights (October 31st) – If you want to come see the beautiful Halloween decorations at the Zoo but skip the crowds, you can come by between 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. on Halloween night. Please note there will NOT be Trick-or-Treat stations, costume contest, crafts or games. Admission will be half price.
- Christmas with the Critters (December 20, 21, 22, 23) – What do the animals do at Tautphaus Park Zoo during the Winter? The zoo will be open for 4 days in December for guests to visit the animals that like the cold and snow. You can watch the animals receive special Christmas treats and more. Children can visit with Santa from 12-1pm each day. The zoo will open at 10 am and last admission is at 3pm. Admission is half price. The Zoo does reserve the right to not open for the day if the weather is too dangerous.