The Ordinance does not apply to:
- Religious entities (for example, churches, religious institutions, etc.) and subsidiaries of those religious entities (for example, a business or agency wholly owned by religious entity, etc.).
- An “expressive association,” if employing a person covered under the Ordinance would significantly burden rights of the expressive association. See Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, 530 U.S. 640 (2000).
- The federal government, any of its departments, agencies, or any corporation(s) wholly owned by it.
- The state of Idaho, any of its departments, agencies, bodies corporate and politic (i.e. schools), and political subdivisions, or any corporation(s) wholly owned by them.
- Sales/rentals of a one-family dwelling (e.g., house, apartment, etc.) where the owner:
- does not own four (4) or more one-family dwellings within the City;
- has not sold two (2) or more one-family dwellings during the twenty-four (24) month period immediately before the sale/rental in question; and
- the one-family dwelling(s) that were sold/rented by the owner were done without a real estate agent or real estate company, or any other person in the business of selling or renting dwellings.
- Rentals of a unit in a one, two, three or four-family dwelling if the owner also resides in one of the units of the dwelling.
- Employment by an owner/tenant which occurs within the dwelling where the owner/tenant is residing (e.g. a home business, maid and cleaning services, in-home care, etc.)
- A person or business who hires less than five (5) employees for each working day that perform their work (wholly or in part) in Idaho for twenty (20) or more calendar weeks in the current or preceding calendar year.