- What is the Non-Discrimination Ordinance intended to do?
- What is gender expression/identity?
- What, in general, does the Ordinance cover?
- Who does the Ordinance apply to?
- What are the exceptions?
- Does the Ordinance give those in the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, questioning (LGBTQ) community more rights than it does to other citizens of Idaho Falls?
- Does the Ordinance restrict First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and exercise of religion, or any other rights protected by the U.S. Constitution?
- Does the Ordinance allow members of the LGBTQ community to sue me, my company, or their employer for violations of the Ordinance?
- If I participate in providing evidence or testimony relative to a potential violation of the Ordinance, am I protected from retaliation or reprisal?
- Does the Ordinance subject me to criminal penalties if I violate it?
- What rights do I have if I am accused of a violation of the Ordinance?
- What are the penalties?
- How long do I have to file a complaint?
- What process will be followed when a person is accused of a violation of the Ordinance?
- If there is a legitimate reason not to employ or not to sell/rent to a person who is a member of the LGBTQ community, may I refuse to hire or sell/rent to that person without violating the Ordinance?
- Where can I get more information or details about the Ordinance?