All Hazards and EMS Response
Our all-hazards response area not only covers the City of Idaho Falls but also the Bonneville County Fire Protection District 1. Our employees serve a population of approximately 108,000 residents occupying approximately 350 square miles.
Our EMS service covers all of Bonneville County, as well as portions of Jefferson County and Bingham County.
Emergency Response Apparatus
The Idaho Falls Fire Department currently has 49 Emergency Response Vehicles including:
- 14 Ambulances
- 11 Staff Vehicles
- 8 Pumpers
- 4 Water Tenders
- 4 Brush Trucks (urban/wildland interface)
- 3 Aircraft Rescue
- 1 Rescue Truck
- 1 HEMTT
- 1 Mass Casualty Decontamination Trailer
- 1 Regional Hazmat Response Vehicle
- 1 Ladder (quint) Truck (100')
We also operate equipment provided by the Bonneville County Fire Protection District 1.
Emergency Response Personnel
All IFFD personnel are well-trained and very versatile. Emergency response personnel are trained in both firefighting as well as emergency medicine. There are currently 54 personnel trained as Intensive Care Paramedics.
- 1 Fire Chief
- 2 Deputy Chiefs (Administration & Operations)
- 2 Division Chiefs (EMS & Training)
- 1 Fire Marshal
- 3 Battalion Chiefs
- 4 Fire Prevention Officers
- 1 Public Information Officer
- 3 Administrative Assistants
- 115 Firefighters/EMT/Paramedics (Captains, Drivers, Firefighters)