WATER TOWER REPLACEMENT PROJECT
The city's 83-year-old water tower is scheduled for replacement as part of the city’s 2015 Water Facility Plan. Details below...
Project Update (February 2021)
After conducting extensive public outreach activities (see link below) to educate and gather feedback regarding this project, on May 18, 2020, the Idaho Falls City Council reviewed public comments regarding three (3) potential sites for the new tower. City Council concurred with staff recommendations to move forward with constructing the new water tower at Site 1, located in South Capital Park. Personnel are currently in the design phase of the project (see timeline below).
How do I receive information from the City?
Transparency is very important to us! To receive email notifications of press releases, public meetings, agenda's, etc., click HERE, enter your email address and click on the envelope next to each type of notification you would like to receive.
You can also follow the City of Idaho Falls on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and by tuning into local media outlets for information. And, as always, personnel are readily available by phone and email.
Public Outreach and Information
The City conducted extensive public outreach activities in 2019 and 2020 to educate and gather feedback regarding this project.
Click HERE to review local media stories, social media campaigns, etc.
Click HERE to review the City's General Communication Plan.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Video: Water Tower Public Meeting
- Water Tower PowerPoint Presentation
- Water Facility Plan (2015)
- Public Comment Presentation (Spring 2020)
- Public Comment (Spring 2020)
Anticipated Construction Schedule
- July-Dec 2020: Conceptual Design & Permitting
- Jan-Dec 2021: Final Design
- Jan-April 2022: Bid
- April-Oct 2022: Construction Phase 1 (new tower)
- April-Oct 2023: Construction Phase 2 (remove old tower)