Curbs, Gutters and Sidewalks
While maintenance of curbs, gutters, and sidewalks are the responsibility of the property owner, the City offers a program to work with the property owner to replace curb and gutter and reimburse a portion of the cost. The amount of reimbursement is dependent upon budgets and could change from year to year.
For 2022, the City will reimburse you $17.50 per lineal foot of qualifying curb and gutter. If you qualify for the program, the City will remove and haul away the curb and gutter, as well as any sidewalk that you may be replacing at the same time and do so for free. You will not have to pay a contractor for this portion of the job.
STEPS & INSTRUCTIONS
- Property Owner: Complete and submit the Curb and Gutter Application Form. (See link below.)
- City Inspector: Once the application is received, a City Inspector will schedule a meeting at your property.
- Property Owner: Hire a City-licensed right-of-way contractor who is knowledgeable of City-required Standard Drawings and Construction Specifications. (Refer to link below.)
- Hired Contractor: Obtain the proper permits and coordinate efforts with the Idaho Falls Street Division to complete the removal of the curb and gutter to be replaced. The Street Division will also take out approximately 2 feet of adjacent asphalt. All work done by the Street Division is at no cost to you. The contractor will also coordinate all required inspections.
- Property Owner: Pay your contractor for the forming, replacement, and finishing. When the work passes final inspection, you will receive a reimbursement check from the City in the mail within 2-3 weeks.
- Street Division: After the the concrete has cured (7-10 days), the Street Division will return to replace the asphalt, matching it back to the new curb and gutter.