Welcome to the City of Idaho Falls Employment Center. The Employment Center will help you find the jobs you are looking for, faster and easier.
- Regular Full-Time Jobs
- Part-Time, Seasonal/Temporary, Internship and Volunteer Opportunities
- Promotional/Transfer Jobs (City Employees Only)
- Job Descriptions (a job description does not represent a job opening)
- Search and apply for jobs 24/7
- Apply from any location with Internet access
- Apply for multiple jobs or new jobs without re-entering all application information
- Register for Job Alerts to be notified when a position becomes available for application
- Check the status of your application at your convenience
The City of Idaho Falls no longer accepts paper applications; you must submit your application online. Only the most recent application submitted will be considered for employment. Duplicate applications for the same position will not be considered.
Do not apply for City of Idaho Falls positions through external websites such as Indeed or Handshake. Applications are only received through our website.
Additionally, email will be the primary method by which we communicate with you, so please provide an accurate email address and plan to check it regularly. The City of Idaho Falls is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Preference will be given to qualified veterans.
If you need assistance filling out the job application, please call 208-612-8248.
Register for Job Alerts to receive email notification of new job openings in specific job categories of your choice.
Find Us on Facebook or Follow Us on Twitter
- "Like" us on Facebook to see when we post new job opportunities on our Wall.
- You can also follow us on Twitter to get the latest job opportunity tweets.
When a testing date is announced for Fire Fighter positions, an electronic application will be available within the Employment Center. Those interested in receiving an email notification regarding future testing opportunities and application timetables are encouraged to register for a Job Alert for Fire and Emergency Management System (EMS) positions.
When a testing date is announced for Police Officer positions, an electronic application will be made available within the Employment Center. Please check the Regular Full-Time Jobs page for open new and lateral police officer positions. If there is not a position open currently, please register for a Job Alert for Law Enforcement positions. Visit the IFPD Police Officer Recruiting page for more information.
Emergency Communications Officer (911 Dispatch)
Positions for Emergency Communications Officers (911 Dispatchers) open regularly. Please check the Regular Full-Time Jobs page for open positions. If there is not a current listing, please check back for open positions. Visit the Emergency Communications Officer page for more information.