Hire an Off Duty Police Officer
Community members, organizations, or other entities periodically seek to hire police officers off-duty for event security, traffic control, etc. In order to efficiently respond to requests and manage the employment of off-duty police officers, The Idaho Falls Police Department has partnered with Off Duty Management to provide services related to hiring off-duty officers.
You may request to hire off-duty police officers through the Off Duty Management web-based service, OfficerTRAK®, or by calling the toll-free number below. Certain types of off-duty employment are prohibited and will not be approved. Requests may also be denied due to department staffing needs, lack of officer availability, etc. Approved requests are not necessarily guaranteed to be filled, especially requests made with limited advanced notice.
Off Duty Management provides the following to the customer:
- Online access to information through the OfficerTRAK® software including:
- Officer attendance
- Field notes and media files
- Post orders and instructions
- Past and future shift information
- Full liability coverage for the customer, the agency, and the officer
- 24/7 customer service through their toll-free number
- Dedicated point of contact for scheduling, invoicing, and payroll.
RATE: The minimum hourly rate is $51.30 per officer, with a 4-hour minimum, and a $5.70 flat vehicle/equipment fee per officer, per shift.
Cancellation policy: Customers canceling or reducing an assignment after reporting officers have arrived on site shall pay the greater of the initial hours requested or the agency minimum hours.
YOU CAN REQUEST SERVICE BY VISITING THE OFFICERTRAK® WEBSITE:
OR CALL OFF DUTY MANAGEMENT 24/7 TOLL-FREE AT 1-877-636-8300