Curb & Gutter Program
The City of Idaho Falls has a limited amount of funding in the 2021 budget to financially participate with property owners in the replacement of their deteriorated curb and gutter. This year, the City will reimburse the property owner $13.00 per lineal foot of qualifying curb and gutter. If you qualify for the Curb & Gutter program, the City will tear out and haul away the curb & gutter and any sidewalk you are replacing at the same time, for free. You will not have to pay a contractor for this portion of the job.
You can apply for this program by completing the curb and gutter application below and either email it or bring it to our offices (details are on the application).
The nest steps are as follows:
- A City inspector will coordinate a meeting with you at the property to let you know what qualifies for the program and what is required.
- It is your responsibility to hire a City licensed Right of Way contractor who is knowledgeable with City required Standard Drawings and Construction Specifications. (List linked below)
- Your hired contractor will obtain the proper permits and coordinate effort with the City Street Division to complete the tear out of curb & gutter to be replaced. The Street Division will also take out about 12” of adjacent asphalt. All work done by the Street Division is at no cost to you.
- Your contractor will coordinate all required inspections.
- You are responsible for paying your contractor for the forming, replacement and finishing.
- When the work passes final inspection, you should see a reimbursement check in the mail within 2-3 weeks.
- When the concrete has cured (7-10 days) the Street Division will return to replace the asphalt, matching it back to the new curb and gutter.