Holiday Collection: Thanksgiving Day
All Sanitation will be one (1) day behind after Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022
- Thursday, Nov. 24, will be collected on Friday, Nov. 25
- Friday, Nov. 25, will be collected on Saturday, Nov. 26
- The schedule will then return to normal through the rest of the year.
Holiday Collection Schedule
- Thanksgiving Day- Sanitation will be one (1) day behind after Thursday
- Christmas- Sanitation will run on normal schedule
- New Year’s Day: Monday, Jan. 2- Sanitation will run on schedule
- Martin Luther King Jr.: Monday, Jan. 16- Sanitation will run on schedule
- President’s Day: Monday, Feb. 20- Sanitation will run on schedule
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 29- Sanitation will run one day behind
- Juneteenth: Monday, June 19- Sanitation will run on schedule
- Independence Day: Tuesday, July 4- Sanitation will run day behind after Tuesday
- Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 4- Sanitation will run on schedule
- Columbus Day: Monday, Oct. 9- Sanitation will run on schedule
- Veterans Day: Friday, Nov. 10- Sanitation will run on schedule
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday; Nov. 23- Sanitation will run day behind after Thursday
- Christmas Day: Monday; Dec. 25- Sanitation will run one day behind
The Sanitation Division provides solid waste collection and disposal for the purpose of maintaining a clean and healthy community.
The Division also maintains recycle bins around the city for the deposit of cardboard, tin, aluminum and glass. The locations of the bins can be found on the Recycle Bin Map. Recycle any items not listed on the bins by taking them to a local recycling center.
- Please DO NOT PUT BRUSH IN WASTE CONTAINERS.
- We have a mulch pile available for free for City residents. The pile is created from leaves and discarded Christmas trees.
- We will remove brush and small tree limbs if they are tied in bundles, not to exceed 4 feet long and 50 pounds in weight. Please give us a call for more information.
- For information on container size and weight and the holiday pickup schedule, click HERE. All garbage containers should be ready for pickup by 7 a.m. on their scheduled day.
- We will remove items such as water heaters, stoves, dishwashers, sofas, box springs, mattresses, etc., but this service requires that the resident call us to schedule a pickup.
- Tires and items containing Freon, such as refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners, are subject to a disposal fee by the Bonneville County Transfer Station. The resident must obtain the disposal fee amount by calling the Bonneville County Transfer Station at (208) 528-5550 and include a check payable to Bonneville County in that amount with the items to be hauled.
- The landfills and transfer station are under the direction of Bonneville County. Please click HERE or call the County at (208) 528-5550, ext. 3 for questions regarding locations, hours, and disposal of items.