Track our snow removal progress! Click HERE to view our interactive maps.
Snow Removal Operations: For details about snow removal operations and methods, please see the documents listed below.
Notifications: Keeping our community informed of snow removal operations is very important to us. Remember, when you see two (2) inches of snow or more on the roadway, move your vehicles to avoid ticketing & towing and seek additional information.
We use multiple communication channels to not only expand our reach to the community, but also provide redundancy in the event of unforeseen issues with technology. We encourage you to sign-up to receive at least two forms of city notifications:
- A banner at the top of our website will appear when parking restrictions are in place. The banner will appear on every web page within our website until parking restrictions are lifted.
- Click HERE to receive email alerts from the City. To sign-up:
- Enter your email address.
- Select receive HTML emails.
- Click the small envelope next to each type of alert you would like to receive. Emergencies and parking restriction notices are sent from Alert Center at the top of the page. Press releases, including snow removal press releases are sent from the News Flash/City of Idaho Falls News Category.
- Follow the City of Idaho Falls on Facebook & Twitter.
- Text Alerts: Text ifalerts (one word, no spaces) to 91011.
- Watch local media outlets, including but not limited to: