Volunteers interact with zoo visitors at Exploration Stations, assist with community outreach through our Zoomobile program, and help with zoo special events.
Adult Volunteer Program Requirements
Be at least 18 years old
Donate a minimum of 50 volunteer hours annually
Maintain an annual Tautphaus Park Zoological Society (TPZS) Membership
Provide proof of current tetanus booster, and (if invited to assist in the Primate Center) proof of a negative tuberculosis test every two years. Contact your physician or District 7 Health Department for costs and details.
Complete mandatory training sessions
Purchase a uniform shirt ($17- $20), and supply own black pants or shorts
- 50% discount on annual TPZS membership fee
- 20% discount in the Zoo Giftshop
- Zoo and special event admission *as detailed in the TPZS membership you purchase
- Opportunity to serve in a beautiful, dynamic setting, and connect with people of similar interests
- Monthly digital newsletter
- Opportunities for additional training and continued learning