Idaho Falls, ID – The City of Idaho Falls reminds residents that the snow removal parking restriction ordinance for the season starts on Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018.
The parking restrictions will automatically be in effect from Nov. 15 through March 15, 2019, whenever a snow event occurs. A snow event is defined as any occurrence in which more than two (2) inches of snow accumulates on the roadway as measured by the Idaho Transportation Department’s I-15 Idaho Falls Weather Station, located near the junction of I-15 and US-20.
When a qualifying snow event occurs, parking restrictions will be in effect. Plowing of all streets will begin on a priority basis.
The city’s public information officers will continue to issue notices of snow events and parking restrictions via local media outlets (TV, radio, print, web), city website, Facebook, Twitter and text alerts. The public is encouraged to stay tuned to these communication channels during a snow event for parking restriction notification, information and updates.
“We encourage residents to review snow removal information and maps prior to the first snowfall to gain a better understanding of the process. If you know of someone who recently moved to Idaho Falls and may not be aware of the parking restrictions or how to sign up for alerts, please share the information with them or direct them to our website or Street Division,” states Public Information Officer Kerry Hammon.
- To sign up for snow event text notifications, text ifalerts to 91011.
- To sign up for city news releases, emergency alerts and other notifications, click on the round Notify Me button on the homepage of the city’s website at www.idahofallsidaho.gov. (Snow removal notifications are sent from the News Flash/City of Idaho Falls News category.) The notifications will be sent via email.
- Follow the City of Idaho Falls on Facebook & Twitter.
- A link to the snow removal ordinance, policy, maps, zones and additional information will remain on the homepage of the city’s website through the season and can also be found by clicking HERE.
- For questions, call the Street Division at (208) 612-8490.
Media Note: For more information or to schedule an interview with Public Works staff, contact Public Information Officer, Kerry Hammon at (208) 612-8122 or [email protected].