What do I do if my vehicle is impounded?
In most cases you can get a release from the records clerk for a fee of $15. You must provide proof of ownership, such as, registration / title, before a release can be granted. Impounded vehicles are stored at private Impound facilities and storage fees may accumulate rapidly.

There are numerous Towing Companies in our area, the company that towed your vehicle will be on the impound form and our Records Department will have a contact number and storage location of your vehicle. If your vehicle is impounded by the Idaho Falls police department, please contact the Records Department.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if my vehicle is impounded?
2. What should I do if my car breaks down out on the street?
3. What percent of the windows can be tinted on my vehicle?
4. Can I have any cracks or stars in my windshield and still be able to drive legally?
5. Can I use studded snow tires on my car?
6. What is the maximum lift height for a vehicle? And how do you measure it?
7. What is the minimum height that I can lower my vehicle?
8. What colors and types (under body, in-car, etc.) of neon lights are legal?
9. Is a front license plate required on Idaho-registered cars?
10. How long can I leave a Recreational Vehicle parked on the street?
11. How long can I leave my Vehicle parked on the street?
12. Do motorcycle riders have to wear a helmet in Idaho?
13. Can people legally ride in the bed of a pickup truck?
14. Is it legal for me to use a cellular phone while driving?
15. How much over the speed limit do I have to go before I will get a ticket?
16. Is it against the law to operate a vehicle while not wearing shoes?