Sandy Downs is operated by the Idaho Falls Parks and Recreation Department. Sandy Downs can be reserved April-October (weather permitting) on a first come first serve basis. Anyone wishing to host an event larger than 100 people will need to fill out a special event application HERE. More information about special events can be found HERE.
Sandy Downs has a commercial grade kitchen below the grandstands as well as restroom facilities. The grandstands can seat 893 attendees. Sandy Downs also offers a number of bleacher seating that can accommodate approximately 3000-3500 additional attendees.
Things to Consider before planning a visit:
- Sandy Downs no longer has a horse race track and no longer has stables for horses to be kept over night.
- No general overnight camping at Sandy Downs
- Use of Sand Dunes is permitted (please pack out any trash)
- Campfires on the Dunes are not allowed
- No overnight camping on the sand dunes
- Bagging sand and taking it is allowed. You will have to provide your own sand bags. We do NOT provide staff to assist with bagging sand
- Restrooms in the grandstands are open seasonally and for event use only.
Sandy Downs also hosts Snake River BMX. To use the BMX track and more information please contact Snake River BMX HERE
Call (208)612-8580 for more information about Sandy Downs or fill out event application and submit to reserve.